Thursday, September 1, 2011

Viva Las Vegas Design Team.

Hello,
Today I am trying out for the Viva Las Vegas Design Team. Here is the project I created for them, It is a sign to hang over the my box of dog food. I hope you enjoy!






Supply List:
Viva Las Vegas: Dog Playing with Ball 3" x 2 1/4"
All Chipboard is from Maya Road
Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint : Picket Fence, Brushed Corduroy
White Acrylic Paint and a paint brush
Versafine: Smokey Gray
Smooch: Snickerdoodle, Siren, and Cape Cod
Brown Ribbon
Crop-A-Dile

The first thing I did was paint the chipboard background with the Picket Fence Crackle Paint, and the letters with the Brushed Corduroy Crackle Paint, then set them aside to dry.



Then I painted the smaller white scallop square with white acrylic paint (using a paintbrush).

Once they were all dry, I got out my Crop-a-dile and punched holes every other scallop on the large chipboard and in the corners of the square.
I then stamped the Dog Playing with Ball stamp on the smaller white scalloped square in Versafine Smokey Gray

Next I colored the dog with with Smooch: Snickerdoodle, Siren, and Cape Cod.


Then I threaded the brown ribbon thru the holes I punched earlier with the crop-a-dile and used the ribbon to attach the smaller square to the bigger one. I punched to additional holes in the corners to create a place to attach a string to hang this sign.


Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Proxxon Tools said...

great idea! thanks for your submission to be apart of the Viva Las Vegastamps! Design Team..