Friday, April 8, 2011

May Arts Ribbon Fun!

Hello,
Today I want to share with you a fun way to use the May Arts Lace Ribbon 390-58-09. 
The first thing I did was cut a piece of white card stock to 5”x3 ¾”.  I cut 7 pieces of the lace ribbon just longer than 5”.  I laid them over the white card stock one at a time, interlocking the arches in the ribbon, taping each ribbon with removable tape at both ends.

Next I pulled out my Memento Grape Jelly, and Bahama Blue ink pads along with a blue and purple stipple brush.

I stippled all over the lace covered paper, with the Bahama Blue, making sure to leave no white paper showing, I stippled over the blue in places with the Grape Jelly. This is a neat way to create a fun design on paper using your favorite lace ribbon as a mask.

I then carefully pulled the paper out from under the lace, making sure not to move the lace. 
I then slid the paper back under the lace the opposite direction; I repeated the stippling steps from above to create a grid pattern.  Because the paper was not completely covered by the ribbon, I did the half that was, then moved the paper over, and repeated to get the effect on the rest of the paper.
Here you can see the pattern that has emerged on the paper after using the lace as a mask, in both directions. 

I then found a sheet of purple card stock that matched the purple I had been using to stipple with.  I also got out my VersaMark ink pad, my favorite detail white embossing powder and the Verses Rubber Stamp “Bright Hopes Anniversary” (MA0322-F).  I stamped the saying in the VersaMark on the purple card stock.  I poured the detail white embossing powder over the stamped image, and taped the excess back into the jar.  I heated it to melt the embossing powder.  I then cut out the saying with Spellbinders Labels One using my Cuttlebug. 

I then wrapped a piece of the lace ribbon around the saying knotting it on the front and cut the ends at a diagonal. 

I pulled the background back out, along with a piece of the purple that is 5 1/2” x 4 and a sheet of blue cardstock that is 8 ½” x 5 ½”.  I scored the blue piece at 4 ½”.  I centered purple card stock on the blue card base and the pattern on the purple card stock.

 I then used foam dots to attach the purple cardstock with the ribbon around it to the card base.  I used Liquid Pearls Ocean Blue to create dots in the two corners of the card, and set it aside to dry.


Hope you enjoyed!


No comments: